This week, the AAHKS Board of Directors approved a new Deputy Editor position with the AAHKS open-access journal, Arthroplasty Today. As the journal continues to grow under the leadership of its first Editor-in-Chief, Brian J. McGrory, MD, a Deputy Editor is needed to contribute to the development of the journal and serve a hands-on role in editing peer-reviewed case reports and directing the new CME quiz program to be launched in 2018. This is a compensated position.
Arthroplasty Today Deputy Editor
Arthroplasty Today, the AAHKS open-access, online journal is looking for a deputy editor to join our team. The deputy editor will be expected to edit peer-reviewed case reports and CME questions and act as proxy for the editor-in-chief when needed. The deputy editor will contribute to the development of the journal, working with the editor-in-chief, publisher, managing editor, as well as AAHKS team. This person should have a sharp editorial eye, be well versed in the orthopaedic literature, and have a strong interest in growing our high-quality journal. This is a compensated position.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To assist the editor-in-chief on the development of world class content
- To generate, commission, and execute content at a high standard
- To help build a network of peer reviewers
- Participate in monthly leadership meetings
- To edit case reports and CME questions
- Act as editor-in-chief’s proxy when needed
- Act as an editorial resource for other members of the team
- Occasional writing as needed
Submit your statement of interest along with your CV to Denise Smith Rodd, Arthroplasty Today staff liaison, at firstname.lastname@example.org.