Apply to AAHKS Committees
Log in to apply to an AAHKS Committee from through December 10, 2017. Positions are open or open and eligible for reappointment. Positions are for two-year terms beginning and ending in March. Click here to review Committee descriptions. Only AAHKS members are eligible to apply. If you are not an AAHKS member, click here to join. Contact Renalin Malvar-Ledda, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Open Positions to begin in March 2018
Those positions where the current member is eligible to apply are marked with an asterisk (*).
Health Policy Council
Practice Management Committee
Patient and Public Relations Committee
Evidence-Based Medicine Committee
Education and Communications Council
Web and Social Media Committee
Leadership Development Committee
Fellowship Match Committee
Industry Relations Committee
Other Open Positions
To review abstracts submitted for the Annual Meeting program
To review posters prior to the Annual Meeting
Program Peer Reviewer
To review the Program for the Annual Meeting
Arthroplasty Surgeon in Training Liaison (one US, one Canada)
To serve as a non-voting member of the Membership Outreach Committee
To fill in wherever you are needed without specifying a committee. The Committee on Committees will suggest a position for you.
The AAHKS Committee on Committees confirms the committee positions that are open or up for reappointment, releases them at the Annual Business Meeting and lists on this website.
Apply for committee appointments using this online platform. You can apply for up to three positions, but if selected, only serve on one. Please submit a CV and complete a brief statement of interest regarding your desired assignment, any previous work with AAHKS and disclosure of potential conflicts.
Committee members up for reappointment are asked to complete the application process if they wish to serve a second term.
Members of the Committee on Committees first review applicant materials for any open committee chair positions and rank the candidates using the online system. Committee members meet via conference call to make the appointments.
Evaluation will be done by rank ordering the applicants. Criteria to be considered include:
- Evaluation for reappointment. For this round, the Committee on Committees will refer to evaluations submitted by Committee members via an online survey.
- Expected contributions to the work of the committee
- Impact on the diversity of the committee (practice type, geographic and demographic)
- The Committee on Committees reports its recommended assignments to the AAHKS Board of Directors (BOD) at its January conference call meeting.
- The BOD adopts or modifies recommendations.
- New Committee members are informed of their appointments and can begin participating in Committee meetings.