Guest Society Statement of Interest
AAHKS is committed to increasing the presence of international societies, their scientific research, and their members at our conferences to ensure we bring an international perspective to our meetings and members. Our hope is that the Guest Society program, which takes place at our Annual Meeting each year in November in Dallas, Texas, USA, will expand the reach of international arthroplasty research and educational exchange to the mutual benefit of all of our organizations.
If your society is interested in becoming an AAHKS Guest Society, please review the following benefits and requests; then submit the form below.
As an AAHKS Guest Society, you would receive several benefits for your organization, including:
- Waiving of registration fees for three member leaders from your Society and free international membership for the reminder of the calendar year
- AAHKS member registration rates for additional attendees, along with free international membership to qualified members for the remainder of the calendar year
- Space to place up to five posters, peer reviewed by your Society, that would showcase your annual meeting highlights in our poster session
- Listing as a co-host of our international reception during the Annual Meeting
- Inviting the Guest Society president to the plenary session podium to receive a plaque honoring this event
- Publicity of your organization’s participation and Guest Society status with a banner and slides at the Annual Meeting and on our website
- If requested, we can provide a 3’ x 6’ table for your organization, so you may promote your meeting/society to our attendees
- A free copy of the Journal of Arthroplasty for all Guest Society member attendees
- The opportunity to have members of your organization, provided they meet our requirements, apply for a four-week traveling fellowship to two US institutions, bookending the AAHKS Annual Meeting, with a financial grant provided by AAHKS.
As an AAHKS Guest Society we request that you:
- Highlight your Guest Society status to your members and promote attendance at the Annual Meeting in November through your website, newsletter and other member communication tools.
- Send an official delegation to the Annual Meeting, as outlined above
- Provide three to five applicants for the Guest Society traveling fellowship
- Encourage your members to submit research for a podium or poster presentation at the Annual Meeting, as we would like to see your society scientifically represented. Submissions are due by June 1 in the year of the Guest Society’s participation. Acceptance of submitted abstracts is not guaranteed as all submitted abstracts are reviewed and graded in a “blind” fashion. Visit the submission center for full details.