2020 Match, 2021 Training – Timeline
June 1, 2019 – July 3, 2019: Programs which participated in the April 2019 match must update their program information on the SF Match login portal: www.SFMatch.org
- A field was added “This program has a restrictive covenant” – you must answer “yes” or “no”.
- Please update your program description to indicate if you are able to accept international applicants.
- Please include your interview dates.
IMPORTANT: Following each match cycle, your number of positions is cleared and listed as “0”. Programs must update the number of positions they are offering for placement in 2021.
July 3, 2019: Signed agreement (for new programs) or Exhibit A (for renewing programs) showing the number of available positions for the April 2020 match for positions starting July 2021 and payment of the $500.00 match fee (payable to AAHKS) must be received at the match administrative office:
c/o Sharon Creed
Accounting Coordinator & Meeting Registrar
9400 West Higgins Road – Suite 230
Rosemont, IL 60018-4976
Memo: SF Match ID #
Agreements and Exhibit A’s can also be returned via e-mail to email@example.com. Please do NOT send payment information via email. You may fax payment information to AAHKS at 847-698-0704.
(Please note: Your SF Match fee will be paid by AAHKS directly to the SF Match from the match fee collected. Once received by SF Match, your account with them will be listed as paid.)
August 5, 2019: The SF Match will begin accepting requests for registration for the Adult Reconstructive Hip and Knee Fellowship Match and the Musculoskeletal Oncology Fellowship Match.
September 4, 2019 – March 25, 2020 (TENTATIVE): Programs will interview selected applicants.
April 14, 2020: Rank list from programs and residents are due to SF Match.
April 21, 2020: Match Day. Match results will be released.
April 23, 2020: Programs that did not match are posted on the SF Match website for residents who did not match to apply directly. Programs not wishing to post their vacancy must contact the SF Match office.
June 2021: Residents complete their PGY5.
July / August 2021: Fellowship training begins.
Rules for Fellowship Programs and Fellowship Program Directors
Regarding Application Process:
- Advise all applicants of receipt of their completed application by email, phone or mail.
- Extend interview invitations, rejections or wait list status to applicants within 30 days of the application close date.
Regarding Interview Process:
- Provide a fair interview process for all applicants in attendance. The interview process should include an overview of the program and the opportunity to meet the faculty involved with the fellowship program and any current fellow(s).
- Provide contact information for current and former fellows, if requested by the applicant.
- Do not, prior to the match, guarantee that an applicant will match at that program.
- Never demand, imply, or mandate a pre-interview or post-interview visit by an applicant as a necessary component in the fellowship selection and/or evaluation process.
After the Interview:
- Do not contact applicants after the interview. Thank you notes and emails are discouraged.
- Do not communicate with an applicant by mail, email or phone to inquire about or influence how the applicant will rank the program.
- Do not communicate with faculty or others at the applicant’s current program regarding the applicant’s rank, or to provide feedback regarding the applicant’s status at the fellowship program after the interview.