A Collegial Community
Membership in AAHKS provides valuable interaction with a collegial community centered around the latest innovation, challenges and opportunities to improve the overall quality of your practice.
What is distinctive about AAHKS?
- AAHKS is the most important and influential resource for hip and knee surgeons and team members as it advocates for the profession and patients in the changing health care environment.
- The AAHKS Annual Meeting provides an in-depth, peer-reviewed program focusing on current evidence-based approaches to hip and knee arthroplasty care.
- The Spring Meeting is a case-based format that brings faculty and attendees together in small-group discussion.
- Members find The Journal of Arthroplasty to be a valuable resource as it brings together the clinical and scientific foundations for joint replacement.
- With an emphasis on case reports, Arthroplasty Today is an open-access journal indexed in PubMed Central that features articles on all areas of scientific endeavor that relate to joint replacement.
Review details of each membership category, and apply online.
Membership renewal is due by January 1 each year.
Benefits of Membership
- Annual subscription and online access to The Journal of Arthroplasty (JOA),
the monthly, peer-reviewed, clinically-relevant journal of AAHKS – A $737 value
- Member publishing rates in the AAHKS open-access, case report and original research journal, Arthroplasty Today
- Member rates for educational programs including the Spring Meeting and Annual Meeting
- Advocacy on behalf of you and your patients
- Guidance in dealing with change in the health care system
- Support of hip and knee research
- Patient education to increase knowledge of total joint replacement
- Complimentary access to OrthoEvidence, PeerView and over 3,600 ACE Reports from more than 360 journals around the world
AAHKS does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender or disability.
Peer Reviewed. Peerless Insights.
AAHKS members who attend the AAHKS Annual Meeting have access to videos of symposia and podium presentations. Known as the most important meeting on adult reconstruction in the world, the AAHKS Annual Meeting is a forum for leading surgeons to present research that improves the care they provide to patients. Log in to https://education.aahks.org/ for access to the entire video library. If you missed the Annual Meeting, you can purchase access to obtain CME credit for viewing.
Help set the direction of AAHKS by joining one of the many Committees or volunteering as peer reviewers. Open positions and the application period are announced in December of each year.
Fellow $600 (Active Military $200)
Associate/Non-clinical Affiliate $500
Clinical Affiliate $250
Candidate $300 (Active Military $100)
International resident $150
Arthroplasty Surgeon in Training $95*
*Arthroplasty Surgeon in Training dues are not prorated.
AAHKS Membership Dues are not deductible as a charitable contribution but may be deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense. To the extent that AAHKS engages in lobbying, ten percent (10%) of dues are not deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense. The Journal of Arthroplasty subscription price for one year is included in your membership dues.