Total Knee Arthroplasty in End Stages of Degenerative Disease: The Articulation in Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty - Recording
Moderator: Adolph V. Lombardi, Jr., MD, FACS
Co-Moderator: Jeremy M. Gililland, MD
Date: December 18, 2018
God Gave You an ACL and a PCL, Keep Them: The ACL/PCL Preserving Knee
Alfred J. Tria, MD
Respect the PCL: The Cruciate-Retaining Total Knee
Christopher L. Peters, MD
Medial Stability is All You Need: The Medial Pivot Knee
C. Lowry Barnes, MD
There is No Need for an ACL or PCL or Even a Spine-Cam: The Ultra-Congruent Knee
Michael P. Bolognesi, MD
The Collateral Ligaments in Conjunction with a Spine-Cam Work the Best: The Posterior-Stabilized Knee
Giles R. Scuderi, MD
At the End of the Day Stability Is a Requisite You Can’t Live Without: Indications for Varus/Valgus Constrained Knee and Primary Hinge
Adolph V. Lombardi Jr., MD, FACS
Case Presentations with Questions and Answers
Adolph V. Lombardi Jr., MD
Moderator: Adolph V. Lombardi, Jr., MD
Date: September 25, 2018
Partial knee arthroplasty (UKA) has experienced increased growth in the last several years. Patient selection along with an understanding of which ancillary tests are necessary has generated much discussion. Medial and Lateral UKA can be a technically demanding procedure for the surgeon if not performed frequently. This symposium will provide up to date information allowing for success in performing a unicompartmental knee arthroplasty and will dispel mistaken thoughts as to its outcome and longevity. Illustrative cases will be discussed and audience participation with be solicited.
- Describe the current indications and understand proper patient selection for medial and lateral unicompartmental knee arthroplasty.
- Identify the clinical presentation as well as radiographic evaluation and imaging studies which should be obtained preoperatively to determine patient selection for partial knee arthroplasty.
- Review Tips and tricks for a Medial Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty.
- Review Tips and tricks for a Lateral Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty.
- Plan the execution of a Revision of Partial Knee Arthroplasty to a Total Knee Arthroplasty.