Adult Reconstruction Fellowship Match
2024 Match for 2025 Fellowship Training
|June 1, 2023 – July 31, 2023:||Programs participating in the 2024 Match must sign or renew a Program Agreement contract with AAHKS, complete the AAHKS Exhibit A online form and submit the annual $500 payment to AAHKS. They must also log in to the SF Match website to complete or update their program information.
1. For existing programs, your Program Agreement contract will automatically renew unless written notice is submitted to AAHKS with the intent to terminate.
|July 31, 2023:||Deadline to submit Exhibit A and payment to the AAHKS Office.|
|August 1, 2023:||Applicant registration begins for the Adult Reconstruction Fellowship Match.|
|October 2023 thru March 2024:||Interview Season: The Match Committee recommends scheduling interviews no earlier than October and no later than March of any given Match cycle.|
|April 9, 2024:||Rank lists are due from programs and applicants to the SF Match by 12:00 p.m. (Pacific Time).|
|April 16, 2024:||Match Day: Match results will be released at 9:00 a.m. (Pacific Time) to programs, applicants and US medical schools through the SF Match system. Login is required to view results.|
|April 17, 2024:||Vacancies Posted: Any vacancies which remain after the Match will be announced on the Immediate Vacancies page, unless otherwise requested by programs. The vacancies page is updated as often as new information becomes available to SF Match.|
|June 2025:||Residents complete their PGY5.|
|July/August 2025:||Fellowship training begins.|
AAHKS encourages programs to conduct in-person interviews for fellowship applicants. Programs should continue to provide a virtual option for applicants with extenuating circumstances. Programs and applicants are expected to follow the AAHKS Code of Conduct for interviews.
Code of Conduct for Fellowship Programs
Regarding Application Process:
- Advise all applicants of receipt of their completed application by email, phone or mail.
- Extend interview invitations, rejections or wait list status to applicants within 30 days of the application close date.
Regarding Interview Process:
- Provide a fair interview process for all applicants in attendance. The interview process should include an overview of the program and the opportunity to meet the faculty involved with the fellowship program and any current fellow(s).
- Provide contact information for current and former fellows, if requested by the applicant.
- Do not, prior to the match, guarantee that an applicant will match at that program.
- Never demand, imply, or mandate a pre-interview or post-interview visit by an applicant as a necessary component in the fellowship selection and/or evaluation process.
After the Interview:
- Do not contact applicants after the interview. Thank you notes and emails are discouraged.
- Do not communicate with an applicant by mail, email or phone to inquire about or influence how the applicant will rank the program.
- Do not communicate with faculty or others at the applicant’s current program regarding the applicant’s rank, or to provide feedback regarding the applicant’s status at the fellowship program after the interview.