Adult Reconstruction Fellowship / Musculoskeletal Oncology Fellowship
2021 Match for 2022 Fellowship Training
May 27, 2020 – July 31, 2020
Programs that participated in the April 2020 Match must login to the SF Match website to update program information:
- Number of positions: following each match cycle, the number of positions in your program is cleared and listed as “0.” Programs must update the number of positions they are offering for placement in 2021.
- Program description: indicate if you are able to accept international applicants.
- Interview date(s): be sure to update and be as specific as possible.
Friday, July 31, 2020
Deadline to disclose interview dates, submit Exhibit A, and submit payment to the AAHKS Office.
- Email Natalie Loper with your confirmed interview date, NLoper@AAHKS.org.
- Complete the Electronic Exhibit A form for renewing programs.
- Submit $500.00 Match Fee to AAHKS by:
PLEASE NOTE: Your program will still show as “unpaid” on the SF Match website even after paying AAHKS. This is because AAHKS pays the SF Match once all program payments are collected. Typically, this payment is not sent until the end of the fiscal year.
Monday, August 3, 2020: Applicant registration begins for the Adult Reconstructive Hip and Knee Fellowship Match and the Musculoskeletal Oncology Fellowship Match.
November 2020 thru March 2021: Programs will VIRTUALLY interview selected applicants. The Match Committee recommends scheduling interviews no earlier than November 2020 and no later than March 2021.
April 13, 2021: Rank lists are due from programs and residents to the SF Match by 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time.
April 20, 2021: Match Day. Match results will be released at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time to programs, applicants and US medical schools through the SF Match system. Login is required to view results.
April 21, 2021: Any vacancies which remain after the match will be announced on the Immediate Vacancies page, unless otherwise requested by programs. The vacancies page is updated as often as new information becomes available to SF Match.
June 2022: Residents complete their PGY5.
July/August 2022: Fellowship training begins.
Code of Conduct for Fellowship Programs
Regarding Application Process:
- Advise all applicants of receipt of their completed application by email, phone or mail.
- Extend interview invitations, rejections or wait list status to applicants within 30 days of the application close date.
Regarding Interview Process:
Notice: AAHKS and AAOS are recommending that programs host virtual interviews for the 2021 Match.
- Provide a fair interview process for all applicants in attendance. The interview process should include an overview of the program and the opportunity to meet the faculty involved with the fellowship program and any current fellow(s).
- Provide contact information for current and former fellows, if requested by the applicant.
- Do not, prior to the match, guarantee that an applicant will match at that program.
- Never demand, imply, or mandate a pre-interview or post-interview visit by an applicant as a necessary component in the fellowship selection and/or evaluation process.
After the Interview:
- Do not contact applicants after the interview. Thank you notes and emails are discouraged.
- Do not communicate with an applicant by mail, email or phone to inquire about or influence how the applicant will rank the program.
- Do not communicate with faculty or others at the applicant’s current program regarding the applicant’s rank, or to provide feedback regarding the applicant’s status at the fellowship program after the interview.
All Interviews to be conducted VIRTUALLY!
AAHKS has come to the consensus that all fellowship interviews should be conducted virtually for all programs taking part in the 2021 Fellowship Match.