During the time of the COVID-19 pandemic, elective surgeries around the country have been stopped. If you are waiting for your joint replacement surgery to be rescheduled, there are ways to manage the pain at home. Listen to these surgeon members of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons as they discuss everything you need to know about what you can be doing now.
- What is elective surgery?
- Why elective hip and knee surgeries have stopped
- Types of hip and knee surgeries that can be safely done
- Things you can do now at home to ease the pain
- What about steroid injections?
- Stay active with gentle motion
- In-person doctor visits and keeping you safe
- Telemedicine is an option
About the Surgeons
Brett R. Levine, MD is the Chair of the AAHKS Patient and Public Relations Committee.
Benjamin M. Stronach, MD is the Vice-Chair of the AAHKS Patient and Public Relations Committee.
Arjun Saxena, MD, MBA is a member of the AAHKS Patient and Public Relations Committee.